Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2026

Spring and Summer 2026


I enjoyed several art related adventures in 2026.

I painted en plein air on a beautiful campus after attending a workshop on Plein Air Painting with friends Dana Johnson and Carol Rivas on March 28. Held at Windgate Museum of Art at Hendrix College given by nationally recognized artist and
painter John Lasater.


I exhibited three paintings in the ORAC Expo March 30-April 30. My "Fallen Leaves I" 
took 3rd place in Oils.  


A favorite outdoor painting event and an opportunity to paint local scenes. My painting at Rim Shoals on the White River was awarded 2nd place in oils and my Buffalo Point won the purchase prize award.




By volunteering I was able to attend Streamline Publishing's Plein Air Convention Expo (PACE) - in Branson, MO - May 14-17. It was an inspiring opportunity to learn from regional, nationally and internationally renowned artists who lectured, demonstrated, gave workshops and painted alongside attendees in locations at College of the Ozarks, Big Cedar Lodge, Finley Farms, and Dogwood Canyon. 




  

With help from friends, my inaugural outdoor art fair exhibit and sale booth was set up for the Delta Arts Festival in Newport, AR on June 5-6 and was well attended. I made lots of new friends at one of the largest art festivals in the state.







An annual Ozark Regional Arts Council event, over 93 artists donated one or more 6x6" paintings to be silent auctioned at this event. In addition, four artists participated in a round-robin event. Each spent time on their own painting and painted on each other's paintings too!  Christi Cooper, Jenny Crownover, Dane Hustead, and Kathe Altazan's paintings were live auctioned to the entire crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment